Here’s a delicious, nutritious pancake recipe you can use this Pancake Tuesday!
I’ve listed some savoury and sweet filling ideas below. Remember that choosing a sugar-free breakfast is crucial in keeping insulin levels balanced and keeping you fuller for longer. It also helps you better tune in to what your body truly needs – sugar often craves more sugar so watch out!
- 1 cup coconut or rice milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil to grease the pan
Savory filling ingredients
- Sauteed spinach and grated courgette
- Scrambled egg with turmeric
- Avocado and mixed leaves
Dessert filling ingredients
- Stewed apple
- Smashed blueberries and almond butter
- Raspberries and coconut cream
- Preheat a non-stick chemical-free pan / cast iron pan.
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Turn the heat up – moderate to high.
- Grease the pan with a decent amount of coconut oil. Pour in the batter to fill the pan, cook, flip, plate, stuff with your choice of filling, consume.