This is one of my staple meals and is super versatile – great for dinner, and equally good as leftovers for breakfast or lunch. Despite being quick and easy, it is a nutritious, filling and fully balanced meal. Packed with nutrient dense, antioxidant vegetables, connective-tissue-strengthening protein and brain feeding fats (eggs and coconut oil), this dish will sustain you throughout the day without any energy slumps.
As always, I urge you to choose organic or free range eggs, not only for a healthier omega balance for you, but to also support independent farmers and the positive treatment of the animals and environment.
- 6 large eggs or 8 small eggs
- 1 TBSP coconut oil / butter / ghee
- 1 courgette
- 1/2 small head of brocolli
- 1/2 red pepper
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 spring onions
- good quality salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 deg
- Slice all the vegetables into small chunks.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and stir-fry the vegetables and salt on a medium heat for 5 minutes (occasionally stirring)
- In a bowl break the eggs then mix in the fried veg.
- Pour the mixture into an oven safe dish and bake for 15-20 mins on 160 deg.
- Cheesy top – remove the frittata from the oven a few minutes early and cover with your favourite grated cheese before returning to the oven. For a crispy top turn the oven to grill for the last few minutes.
- Sprinkle toasted seeds on top once it’s out of the oven
- Serve with a simple salad of fresh rocket, dressed with lemon juice and olive oil
- Serve with butternut squash fries