This mash is super delicious and a great healthy way to bring substance to your meals – perfect for breakfast lunch or dinner! You can serve with eggs, fish, meat or have it alone as a soup. Low glycemic index, low sugar, high fibre, real live ingredients and with the wonders of turmeric = perfect mash!
Ingredients (makes enough for 3-4 servings):
1 butternut squash
3 large or 5 small courgettes
1 big bunch of coriander/cilantro
1/2 – 1 tsp turmeric
Roast the whole squash (no need to peel) in the oven on 180deg for 40-60 minutes
Pan fry 3 grated courgettes in 1 TBSP coconut oil, half of the turmeric, salt and pepper – fry on a high heat for 3-5 mins covering with a lid, then turn the heat down and fry without a lid for another 10 mins – stir occasionally so it gets nice and sticky.
Peel and de-seed the cooked squash and using a hand blender blend it together with the courgette, coriander, remaining turmeric, salt and pepper
Serve and enjoy!
The wonders of turmeric and its super ingredient curcumin!
- aids memory function – is used to treat and prevent Alzheimer’s disease
- aids the immune system – is used to disrupt cancer causing cells
- relieves joint inflammation – is used to help arthritis
- speeds up wound recovery and post work-out muscle soreness
- aids digestion
- promotes healthy glowing skin
- incredible antioxidant properties – surpassing vit E and C