Yet another super quick and easy but truly nourishing recipe!
Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this salad won’t leave you hungry with its satisfying amount of grated raw root vegetables and variety of good quality fats. And with the inclusion of apple cider vinegar all will be more easily digested and absorbed – ACV is fabulous at helping stimulate stomach acids which assist in breaking down your food and easing the effort required by the digestive tract. Take note and give it a go!
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large beetroot
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 handful of long stem broccoli
- 1/2 an avocado (optional)
- 1 TBSP melted coconut oil / cold pressed virgin olive oil / MCT oil
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar / freshly squeezed lemon
Grate the carrot and beetroot and finely chop the spinach – set aside
Chop the avocado into small cubes – set aside
Bring a small pot of water to the boil
Heat 1 tsp of oil in a small pan on a low heat
Place the broccoli in the pot of hot water. Cover and cook on a low heat for 4-5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
To the heated pan add the walnuts, coconut, turmeric and pinch of salt. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until the ingredients are toasted/crispy then take off the heat.
In a large bowl combine the beetroot, carrot, spinach, raisins, avocado and brocoli. Pour over the oil and apple cider vinegar and using your hands mix well. Lastly add in the pan ingredients and mix well again.
Enjoy this delicious salad as it is, or accompanied by some roasted vegetables, or pan fried fish or chicken.
…and remember the wonders of turmeric and its super ingredient curcumin!
- aids memory function – is used to treat and prevent Alzheimer’s disease
- aids the immune system – is used to disrupt cancer causing cells
- relieves joint inflammation – is used to help arthritis
- speeds up wound recovery and post work-out muscle soreness
- aids digestion
- promotes healthy glowing skin
- incredible antioxidant properties – surpassing vit E and C