These are so unbelievably delicious and nutritious – a quick and simple snack for any time of day!
Ingredients (serves one)
2 cherry tomatoes
sprig of parsley
Cut avocado in half and remove the stone. Break 1 egg carefully into each of the halves. Add salt and pepper. Bake at 165 deg for about 15-20 mins. Take out and serve with sliced cherry tomatoes, grated courgette and carrot – raw or fry on low for 10 minutes with 1 TBSP of coconut oil.
Alternatively you could dress with bacon/salad/salsa/cheese.
Avocados are incredibly nutritious and packed full of the following nutrients and vitamins:
- Fiber – helps mute blood sugar swings so excellent if you’re craving sugar or suffer from diabetes
- Potassium – more than twice the amount found in a banana! Helps to lower blood pressure and carry oxygen to the brain – so excellent for headaches
- Monounsaturated fat – easily used up and burned for energy – they WILL NOT make you gain weight!
- Vitamin E – awesome antioxidant
- B-vitamins – play many important roles in cell metabolism and regeneration
- Folic acid – helps produce healthy red blood cells and also helps rapid cell division and growth – excellent in infancy and pregnancy
Eggs are also truly nutritious and bursting with goodness:
- Protein – boosts energy and aids muscle building
- All 9 essential amino acids – the building blocks for protein that can only be got through diet
- Choline – particularly important for fetal brain development as well as overall brain function and health
- Vitamin D
- Selenium – essential for a healthy immune system
- Cholesterol – essential to every cell in our body! do not fear it! It helps produce cell membranes, hormones, vitamin D and bile acids that help you to digest fat. Cholesterol also helps in the formation of memories and is vital for your neurological function.